You can find an extensive list of presentations and courses that I've taught, including the slides and speaker notes for many of them, here.
Coming up—let's meet!
Check out my schedule, and drop me a line if you'd like to get together when I'm in your part of the world. If you'd like me to work with you and it doesn't look like I'm available, remember that my clients' schedules are subject to change, so mine is too. Finally, note that some conferences offer discounts—and even if they don't advertise it, maybe we can work something out.
September 18-20, 2018
The first public presentation of the three-day Rapid Software Testing class in Ukraine. Alas, if you haven't registered already, it's sold out!
September 21-22, 2018
The QA Fest conference. I'll be giving two talks, one on Risk Analysis, and the other on Regression Obsession.
September 26-28, 2018
The first public presentation of the updated Rapid Software Testing 4.0 class. To celebrate, for the first time, the class will be presented by James Bach and Michael Bolton together. Register here.
October 1-4, 2018
Anaheim, California, USA
The STAR West testing conference. I'll be presenting Critical Thinking for Testers on Monday, and a one-day Rapid Introduction to Rapid Software Testing on Tuesday.
October 15-17, 2018
A three-day public Rapid Software Testing class, organized by Improve Quality Services.
October 18-19, 2018
A two-day public Rapid Software Testing Applied class, organized by Improve Quality Services.
October 20, 2018
The Change 3.0 Conference, held at the The Kraš Chocolate Factory(!).
October 22-24, 2018
For the first time even in Croatia, the three-day Rapid Software Testing class, organized by the good folks at ChangeCon and Testival. Sign up here!
November 7-9, 2018
A public presentation of the three-day Rapid Software Testing class, organized by Learning Connexions. Register here.
November 12-15, 2018
Den Haag, Netherlands
The EuroSTAR Testing Conference. I'll be giving a one-day class on Analysis for Testers, and a track talk on Higher-Value Checking.
I help people to solve testing problems they didn't know they can solve—and I teach them how to do that for themselves.
- Consulting on software testing to software development organizations from startups to global enterprises
- Consulting on due-diligence evaluation of software or testing processes for companies engaged in mergers and acquisitions
- Testing and evaluating software, development projects, and processes based on the project community's requirements, project goals, development practices, business needs, and other context drivers
- Presenting in-depth, experiential courses, workshops, seminars, and clinics on software testing worldwide
- Helping product teams and management in understanding, co-ordinating, scheduling, and integrating testing into the product lifecycle; fostering clear communication between project stakeholders
- Providing testing and program management services to software companies and engineering groups in the early stages of product development, ensuring proper planning and co-ordination until permanent staff becomes available
- Providing short-term program management, testing and configuration management services to development and engineering groups in order to rescue runaway projects and bring them back under control
- Providing advice and assistance to companies and program managers in establishing simple, effective, non-invasive processes that help to ensure the delivery of high-quality software projects on time and on budget
- Qualifying, hiring, and training of permanent program management and engineering staff
- Sixteen years of experience providing training and consulting services to companies involved in a wide variety of software and Web development projects, including large banking, retail, mass-market commercial software, networking, startups, small service shops...
- Co-author (with senior author James Bach) of Rapid Software Testing, a course and a methodology of testing that focuses on the skill and the mindset of the individual tester to perform excellent testing more quickly and less expensively, in a way that stands up to scrutiny
- Ten years of teaching Rapid Software Testing courses and workshops in the United States, Canada, Europe, Asia, and South America; and four years of prior experience teaching software testing
- Four years of experience as a columnist for Better Software Magazine, the world's most prominent software testing and quality assurance publication
- Respected and highly rated speaker at numerous worldwide conferences, including STAR East (Orlando, FL), STARWest (Anaheim, CA), Amplifying Your Effectiveness (solo and co-presentations with James Bach, Fiona Charles, and Jerry Weinberg), EuroSTAR (Stockholm, Den Haag, Copehagen, Manchester, Gothenburg), STeP-IN Forum (Bangalore, India), expo:QA (Madrid, Spain), STANZ (Wellington, New Zealand and Sydney, Australia)
- Writer of section on exploratory testing in Agile Testing by Crispin and Gregory.
- Author of "An Analysis of Costs in Software Testing", featured in How To Reduce the Cost of Software Testing.
- Program Chair for EuroSTAR 2013
- Winner of the inaugural CapGemini Award for Innovation at EuroSTAR 2008
- Program Chair for the Conference for the Association for Software Testing, 2008
- Program Chair for the Toronto Association of System and Software Quality, 2005 to 2008
- Founder (with Fiona Charles) of the Toronto Workshops on Software Testing, 2005 - present.
- Four years experience as program manager for a major commercial software company, delivering eight major releases and ten maintenance releases which set the company's highest standards for quality and timeliness
- Program Manager for QEMM-386 (which was, at its time, the best-selling software product in the world, per PC Magazine), DESQview, Quarterdeck (later Norton) CleanSweep and other products.
- Repeatedly assigned to rescue troubled software projects late in development process, bringing them back on schedule to release; also co-ordinated first company releases of several externally-developed products
- Directed internal product teams averaging twelve core members and up to thirty associated members, including subsidiary offices in Europe
- Successfully managed relationships with outside development groups in external sites from Los Angeles to Israel
- Principal author of company-wide product life cycle manuals and extensive technical documentation
- Practical experience in all aspects of product life cycle, including specification, programming, quality assurance, configuration management, technical support, marketing communications, training, and documentation
- Presented company products as primary speaker at Comdex USA, Comdex Canada, Pacific Rim Computer Show, and other national and international trade shows
- Author of VSS2CCM, a tool to migrate Visual SourceSafe version control databases to Continuus/CM, a configuration management product
- Co-author of INTLAPI, a software library written in C++ to aid companies in rapid internationalization of existing code